Valley Health System.
Valley Health System (Valley) is a regional health care system that serves residents in northern New Jersey and southern New York and is one of the most honored health care organizations in New Jersey. Valley’s previous digital landscape consisted of seven disparate web properties running on two different underlying CMS platforms. There was a desire and need to consolidate these websites and technologies. The previous web properties did not support a strong patient experience, failed to effectively convert prospective patients, lacked an intuitive architecture and content strategy, and had grown dated in appearance. Additionally, the website lacked an effective mobile optimized user experience and suffered from accessibility challenges.
Centretek led a comprehensive strategy, information architecture and UX design process that included creating multiple rounds of wireframes and interactive design comps. The UX process included a heavy focus on the website’s mobile design and patient experience. The Centretek team then led the website development and implementation using an Agile development process with a series of iterative development sprints.
- 2021 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Overall Digital Patient Experience
- 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Mobile Website
- 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Homepage
- 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Design
- Significant increases in doctor appointments scheduled online, Walk-in Care appointments scheduled online, imaging appointments scheduled online, ED/ER online check-ins, and “clicks to call.”
- Built in Drupal 8 on Acquia Cloud.
- Integrates with a number of third-party data sources and external systems (e.g., Active Directory SSO, MS Dynamics CRM, doctor ratings and reviews, InQuicker and ZocDoc online scheduling).
- Provides a patient-centric online experience focused on access and transparency.
- Leverages strategically minded calls to action, tools, landing pages, social integration and integrated digital campaigns.
- The end result is a digital presence capable of guiding a user from awareness through conversion and a platform that allows Valley Health System to amplify its reach, resonance and conversion goals.
- Online appointment requests and scheduling, and other key conversions (including class and event registrations) have been strong since the launch of the new site.
- Patients can now find doctor ratings and reviews directly on the doctor profiles (accomplished through an integration with Press Gainey data).
- Valley Health System’s marketing team now has improved ability to manage and maintain their website content. The CMS provides a scalable and secure technology platform to support shifting priorities and organizational growth for years to come.