Senior UX/UI Designer.
Senior UX/UI Designer
At Centretek, we create meaningful digital communications and experiences to help people improve their lives.
Your impact at Centretek
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Centretek, you will be involved in all aspects of UX/UI design, from research and wireframes, through polished design mockups, to handoff and QA. As a senior designer, you will be responsible for being a creative leader on projects. As the team grows, you will be expected to mentor more junior team members.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Motivated by improving healthcare
- Passionate about working with a diverse group of co-workers, including designers, project managers, engineers, and strategists
- Inspired by the craft of design, and the practices that ensure we are not only designing well, but designing the right thing that serves a useful purpose
- An excellent communicator both verbally and visually
- Comfortable with having significant responsibilities and managing multiple projects at once
Your day to day is…
- Designing and lead design efforts at all levels of fidelity including wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes
- Developing the vision and strategy in conjunction with the strategists and product managers
- Interacting with clients, whether through presentations or status calls
- Creating designs that follow the Atomic Design methodology in an agile workflow
- Providing maintenance work for legacy clients that adhere to predefined styles and branding
- Working closely with other designers, strategists, engineers, and product managers
- Leading discussions about design choices
- Participating in design research
- Being an advocate for design thinking
- Mentoring and potentially managing junior team members
What you’ll need to be successful in this role…
- 4+ years of UX/UI Design experience
- BA/BS degree in Design or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in design tools like Figma, Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- A strong portfolio that illustrates complex problem-solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills
- Agency experience, or understanding of a fast-paced work environment (experience in healthcare is a plus)
- Both an eye for details and ability to see the big picture
- A life-long learner mentality with a growth mindset, open to feedback and expanding your skillset
- Flexible, remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO
Centretek is a digital agency that delivers interactive web solutions. We pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with solid digital strategy. Our goal is help connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
About SPM Group
Centretek is part of the SPM Group. The SPM Group is a leader in health and healthcare marketing for over 30 years. With offices in Chicago, Baltimore, and L.A., our vision is to create the premier network of integrated agencies, consultancies, and resources dedicated to making marketing that matters. SPM Group companies currently include full-service agency SPM, top content strategy and development agency GLC, digital marketing and enterprise website development company Centretek, and leading digital performance, SEO, and lead generation agency Dreamscape Marketing. SPM Group is nearly 200 employees strong.
SPM Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Depends on experience
Remote. You’ll have the option to work remotely or from one of our offices, which are located in Columbia, Maryland, and LaGrange, Illinois.