- Blessing Health’s current content management system was outdated and difficult to use, especially for infrequent or new contributors to the website.
- They had more than five separate URLs, without an articulated overarching web strategy or stated performance metrics.
- The site was also not mobile responsive.
- Their nursing college needed to retain its distinct web presence, but it needed better integration with the Blessing Health System brand.
Blessing Health knew it was time for a redesign that aligned their multiple web properties. They also needed to redesign for mobile, especially because their data showed that nearly 65 percent of their site traffic came from mobile devices.
Through a competitive bid process, they selected Centretek as their redesign partner.
After extensive discovery, Blessing Health and Centretek created the following main goals for the site:
- Improve the online customer experience, streamline access and drive business to Blessing Health System, its affiliated physicians and services
- Unify and support the Blessing Health System brand by ensuring consistent messaging and branding across all platforms and the enterprise
- Build customer engagement by delivering timely, convenient and strategic content
- Do all of the above for the Blessing Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences as well
- And, equally important — satisfy the needs of all the entities who currently had their own separate domains
- Launch dates: The main site, www.blessinghealth.org, launched August 4 launch with the College of Nursing site, www.brcn.edu, launching September 28.
- CMS flexibility: Built in Drupal 8 with Solr search integration.
- System integrations: Migrated eight previous microsite domains into the locations section of the new Blessing Health System site. The new Locations section became the central place to learn about all the entities within the Blessing system. Their giving foundation’s donation form, previously separate, was integrated into the new site.
- Brand cohesiveness: Blessing Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences follows the same Drupal and design template, creating one cohesive look.
- Cross-specialty tagging: The site provides cross-linking capabilities between doctors, services and locations to provide a patient-focused experience, allowing consumers to search for doctors, locations and services by specialty keywords.
- Events platform: Drupal integrated their event system platform into the site, pulling events — a key strategy for Blessing Health to engage with their consumers — onto the home page.
- Career database: The redesign integrated with Blessing Health’s Health Care Source career database to provide a robust careers section and search capability.
- Explicit content personalization: Users have the option from the home page to choose their own path, allowing them to quickly find information they are looking for within the site.
- E-greetings: Centretek recreated the design and functionality for Blessing Health’s e-greeting tool, allowing site visitors to send electric cards to hospital patients through the site.
Blessing Health’s new site won a silver 2017 Davey Award for health websites.
The Davey Awards recognize small agencies. The awards are judged by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of professionals from acclaimed media, advertising and marketing firms.
About Blessing Health System
Blessing Health System is an integrated health system based in Quincy, Illinois. The system consists of a nationally recognized physician group, an accredited college of nursing and health sciences, a network of medical specialty businesses and a charitable foundation.