MU Health Care.
The University of Missouri Health System (MU Health) is an academic health system comprised of five hospitals, over 60 primary and specialty-care clinics, more than 8,300 employees, and serves over 30,000 patients annually.
MU Health’s previous website did not support a strong patient experience, failed to effectively convert prospective patients, lacked an intuitive architecture and content strategy, had grown bloated, and was dependent on an outdated proprietary CMS that prohibited MU Health staff from easily managing their own website. In 2016 MU Health selected Centretek through a competitive RFP process.
The Centretek team led an extensive discovery and strategy effort that defined the requirements for the new website and provided a roadmap for a phased digital engagement strategy.
- 425% increase in Make Appointment requests
- 44% increase in traffic to doctor profiles
- 54% increase in organic search traffic to locations pages (hospitals and clinics)
- 46% increase in Giving (donations)
- 2018 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Mobile Website
- 2018 eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Best Site Design (for both the Health System and School of Medicine sites)
- 2018 Acquia Engage Awards – Best of Health Care
- Best Health Care Services Website – Gold, 2017 W3 Awards
- Best Overall Website UX – Gold, 2017 W3 Awards
- Built on Drupal 8 in the Acquia Cloud
- Features engaging custom shot videos throughout the site
- Provides a rich onsite search with faceted, predictive (auto complete) and phonetic search capabilities
- Features a UX, design and content strategy that directly addresses MU Health’s challenges and misperceptions related to outdated facilities, lack of in-market awareness for specialty care, and leakage for specialty/complex care services to St. Louis and Kansas City.
- Leverages an Our Stories feature that uses the CMS taxonomy to interrelate and cross-promote contextually relevant patient and physician stories throughout the site (see bottom section of most pages).
- Offers interactive locations search and mapping features built on top of Google.
- Provides flexible templates for customized department landing pages and sub-sites.
- The Centretek team delivered over 400 pages of new consumer-driven content.
Subsequent to being selected to rebuild the MU Health website, Centretek was chosen as the digital partner to lead the redesign of the University of Missouri School of Medicine website (and integration of 50+ associated program and department websites) – which launched in April 2018.