Centretek is a full service digital firm delivering technology-driven, multi-channel, MarTech and interactive web solutions. We breathe everything digital and pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with strategically informed frameworks that allow us to connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
We are looking for energetic and passionate WordPress developers to join our team. Working closely with our creative, development and account teams you will be responsible for creating dynamic, interactive and usable websites and applications. You should be comfortable communicating with creatives, account managers, strategists and clients.
Ellicott City, MD
Duties and Responsibilities
- Code technical solutions that align with proposed strategies
- Develop WordPress custom themes and plug-ins
- Create and execute implementation plans, revising as necessary in an agile environment.
- Communicate and enforce development best practices and coding standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality work to Account leads on schedule
- Communicate complex information effectively to team and clients
- 5+ years of experience working within a development team implementing, launching and maintaining professional websites in WordPress
- Proficient with relational (SQL) and non-relational database platforms
- Expert understanding of API integration, common WordPress plugins and WordPress template structure and their implications for development and client objectives
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence)
- Performs code reviews as required to assure code is up to department standard
- Work with Quality Assurance to perform testing swarms on projects
- Have the ability and willingness to take on leadership roles
- Constantly researching new best practices in development and current on latest trends
- Comfortable with a high level of collaboration with non-development, internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience working on collaborative development teams that utilize code repositories, agile boards, ticketing and similar workflows
Personal Attributes & Qualifications
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
We’d love to hear from you!
If interested, please send an updated resume with your salary requirements and availability to:
410.465.4880 x 5298