SPM Group’s mission is to create meaningful communications and experiences that help people make better healthcare decisions and improve lives. Our integrated network has served health-related advertisers for over 30 years and continues to expand in order to meet the growing needs of today’s leading marketers. SPM Group is committed to ensuring that diverse experiences, needs, and perspectives of people are recognized, appreciated, and incorporated in impactful ways. We are currently comprised of SPM Marketing and Communications in Chicago, Centretek in Baltimore, and a satellite office in Los Angeles.
The Human Resource Manager runs the offices’ day-to-day operations: recognition, retention, career management, leadership development, recruitment, on-boarding and strategy are just some of the HR Manager’s responsibilities. You’ll work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure the needs of all employees are represented.
- You stay on top of the latest trends in compensation and benefits, while keeping a finger on the pulse of employee relations. Retention is a large part of your role. We want to keep SPM Group’s most important assets around: the people. Employees trust you as a confidant. They look to you for guidance when situations arise. Networking within the industry to find out what other agencies are doing will help keep us competitive with benefit offerings and compensation.
- You take the lead on educating and developing talent. As roles become more complex and spans of career development grow larger, employees look to you to suggest or conduct more formalized training. This includes arranging in-house or external training opportunities, along with conducting performance management training and interviewing skills. You’re also a resource to employees for conflict resolutions and upward mobility.
- You manage Insperity. One of your biggest focuses is managing SPM Group’s relationship with Insperity, our payroll and HR resource. You direct the implementation of services, policies, and programs by understanding the needs of SPM Group and its employees.
- You work hand-in-hand with the leadership team and the CEO. Conduct monthly meetings with each of the leads to gage rock stars, people who want to jump ship and people who need further development. Work with the leads to put plans together for each group of people.
- Work closely with the CEO on office turnover, rewards and recognition, and ensure SPM Group’s policies and procedures are communicated and documented.
- Growing our team. You work with hiring managers to create and post openings, screen resumes, manage the interview process, create offers and onboard new hires.
- Keeping it all organized. There’s quite a bit to keep track of as the HR Manager. You ensure all new hire paperwork is processed and benefits are enrolled. You follow through on the processes regarding promotions, reporting line changes, relocations, leaves of absences and all manner of employee change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with a variety of different personalities and handle challenges.
- Ability to juggle priorities and excel at a range of tasks, from the sometimes tedious to the often strategic.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of State/Provincial/Federal labor laws.
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Agency experience preferred. Internet savvy considered a must.
Flexible. Office locations in Baltimore and Chicago.
We’d love to hear from you!
If interested, please send an updated resume with your salary requirements and availability to: