We are looking for a digital strategist who is comfortable tackling all aspects of a client’s website and their digital ecosystem.
As a digital strategist working with healthcare clients, you will serve as an advocate for users. You’ll develop digital strategy that helps improve how people find and use healthcare information. Your role will be to make it as easy as possible for users to find the information they need to make the best healthcare decisions for themselves and their loved ones.
To that end, the digital strategist will be responsible for client-facing deliverables that drive the strategic vision and direction for clients’ digital projects. In addition, the digital strategist will help our clients address and anticipate changes in the evolving healthcare digital landscape.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic recommendations and solutions to our clients’ digital issues — from website redesigns to ongoing maintenance to how digital marketing efforts and a client’s website can work better together
- Conduct discovery and information analysis to inform strategic recommendations for a website and/or intranet strategy, including stakeholder interviews, website features and project scoping recommendations
- Provide strategic direction and execution throughout the discovery and user experience (UX) processes, including user testing, content analysis, analytics review, competitor analysis, journey mapping, personalization strategy, etc.
- Be current with evolving trends, technologies and practices in usability, digital consumer experience and consumption and how they affect healthcare institutions
- Leverage data, analytics and market research to create information architectures and inform UX designs for clients
- Serve as the user and client advocate within the project team to ensure that deliverables align with proposed strategic recommendations
- Collaborate with other strategists, UX designers, developers and project managers throughout the project process
- Use data tools like heatmaps, Google Analytics, Nacho Analytics, Siteimprove and Moz to inform site architecture, website enhancements and user experiences
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Willingness to tackle difficult, unstructured problems: You have a desire to solve unstructured problems through the lens of meeting user needs, plus a willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the hard work required to get to a strategic solution
- Ability to use data: You know what data you need to make digital strategy decisions and how to analyze that data to inform and validate your decisions.
- Comfort balancing clients’ priorities and users’ needs: You understand how to prioritize the interests and goals of a wide variety of stakeholders and users.
- Exceptional time management skills: You’re an excellent multitasker, comfortable working on multiple projects with different clients in parallel.
- Adaptability and flexibility: You’re comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, leading presentations and meeting tight deadlines. You are a problem-solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives on finding strategic solutions. You’re able to quickly adapt to changes and scale up or down depending on clients’ needs and changes to budgets or scope.
- We are committed to continual process improvement across all disciplines within our organization. But thanks in part to the Great Resignation, we will be the first to admit sometimes we’re a work in progress. You’re comfortable navigating unstructured environments and building along with us.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience crafting UX/IA for clients in a web marketing and technology environment, with a demonstrated understanding of website development processes (discovery, information architecture, UX design, visual design, development, testing, and optimization)
Extra credit for
- Experience working with healthcare clients and/or working in a healthcare setting
- Experience driving digital marketing strategy (including driving to landing pages and marketing automation)
- Sense of humor, ability to be flexible and learn as you go
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Don’t meet every requirement?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. At Centretek, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience isn’t perfectly aligned, we still encourage you to apply.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (or 3 – 5 digital strategy samples)
Who we are
Centretek is a digital agency that delivers interactive web solutions. We pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with solid digital strategy. Our goal is help connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
About SPM Group
Centretek is part of the SPM Group. The SPM Group is a leader in health and healthcare marketing for over 30 years. With offices in Chicago, Baltimore, and L.A., our vision is to create the premier network of integrated agencies, consultancies, and resources dedicated to making marketing that matters. SPM Group companies currently include full-service agency SPM, top content strategy and development agency GLC, digital marketing and enterprise website development company Centretek, and leading digital performance, SEO, and lead generation agency Dreamscape Marketing. SPM Group is nearly 200 employees strong.
SPM Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Remote. You’ll have the option to work remotely or from one of our offices, which are located in Columbia, Maryland, and LaGrange, Illinois.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 401k contribution, health insurance, generous paid time off and more. We also enjoy summer hours and a casual, fun and friendly environment.