Content and UX Strategist.
We are looking for a content design and UX strategist who is as comfortable creating digital content as they are developing the strategy behind it. Most of our clients are in healthcare, so experience in that field is ideal.
What you’ll do
- Participate in discovery sessions to understand clients’ needs and goals.
- Help plan user research and usability testing, and analyze the results.
- Create user journey maps, sitemaps, content models and other tools to help clients conceptualize and meet their goals and their users’ needs.
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers, digital strategists, developers, and project managers to ensure big, complex redesign projects run smoothly.
- Conduct content audits and usability audits.
- Advise clients on best practices in web writing, on-page SEO and content design.
- Research and write clear, useful, findable content that aligns with clients’ goals and users’ needs.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Fluency in content and UX best practices: You know how to structure information so it can be easily consumed and understood, provides a great digital user experience (on mobile or desktop), and meets business needs. You have a sophisticated understanding of modern web writing, on-page SEO and content design techniques. You feel comfortable sharing your expertise with clients and colleagues.
- Eagerness to use data: You know what data you need to make content design and UX strategy decisions and how to analyze that data to validate and inform your decisions. You actively seek opportunities to bring the voice of the consumer into your work and are comfortable making the case for user testing and research with clients.
- Solid understanding of keyword research for SEO and beyond: You understand that keyword research should inform not only SEO but also content and user experience strategy.
- Comfort balancing clients’ priorities and users’ needs: You understand how to prioritize the interests and goals of a wide variety of stakeholders and users.
- Understanding of information architecture: You are comfortable developing information architecture recommendations for websites, sections of sites and individual pages — and you can create sitemaps, content models and other tools to document your recommendations.
- Ability to translate complex information into plain language: You understand that the words a stakeholder uses to describe a process are often not the same ones a consumer uses to search for that information. You are comfortable translating jargon into plain language.
- Adaptability and flexibility: You’re comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, leading presentations and meeting tight deadlines. You’re comfortable doing all of this in person and remotely.
- Understanding of healthcare marketing and business needs: You understand healthcare marketing and websites, and what consumers of healthcare are looking for—and how to make sure that information is surfaced appropriately by audience and need.
Extra credit for
- Curiosity and a desire to share your knowledge with others.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to solve problems on the fly.
- Flexibility and patience.
- Eagerness to be part of rebuilding and growing a strategy team.
Please send the following to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (or three to five digital content and/or UX strategy samples; please include at least two writing samples among them)
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is your typical process for ensuring that the content or strategy you create meets user and stakeholder needs? Please provide examples of what this looks like in practice.
- What would you like us to know about the samples you provided (or for three to five items from your portfolio)? What do they say about your work and your creative process from concept to final iteration?
Who we are
Centretek is a digital agency that delivers interactive web solutions. We pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with solid digital strategy. Our goal is help connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
We are part of SPM Group, a group of healthcare-focused agencies. Putting client goals at the forefront of its strategy, SPM Group has created a fully integrated, “through the funnel” set of capabilities including, branding, custom research and proprietary insight studies, creative concepting and execution, omnichannel media planning and buying, digital strategy and web experience, SEO and performance marketing, and written and digital content strategy.
- Full time
- $80,000 – 110,000
Remote. Although the majority of Centretek employees are remote, we have offices through our sister companies within SPM Group if you wish to come into an office. Our offices are located in Columbia, Maryland, and LaGrange, Illinois.