We are looking for a content strategist who is as comfortable writing digital content as they are developing the strategy behind it.
As a content strategist working with mostly healthcare clients, you will serve as an advocate for users by developing digital communications that help improve people’s lives. You’ll create meaningful digital content that is easy to find and understand, answers users’ questions and helps users make the best healthcare decisions for them and their loved ones.
What you’ll do
- Research and write clear, impactful content that aligns with clients’ goals and brand standards, while focusing on users’ needs and behaviors.
- Develop content with an expertise in SEO and other web writing best practices to ensure content is useful, relevant and findable.
- Guide and participate in discovery sessions to understand clients’ needs and goals.
- Help plan user research and usability testing — and then synthesize the results to help guide overall strategy.
- Create user content models, journey maps, sitemaps and other tools to help clients conceptualize and meet their goals and their users’ needs.
- Conduct content audits and content-focused usability audits.
- Educate, advise and train clients on best practices in web writing, on-page SEO and content design.
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers, digital strategists, developers, and project managers to ensure projects run smoothly.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Exceptional writing and editing skills: You know how to adopt style, tone and voice of your clients according to their brand and goals. You’re also skilled in adjusting copy for distinct audiences, whether it’s geared to patients, providers or other users.
- Ability to translate complex information into plain language: You understand that the words a stakeholder uses to describe a process are often not the same ones a consumer uses to search for that information. You are comfortable translating jargon into plain language.
- Fluency in content best practices: You have a sophisticated understanding of modern web writing, on-page SEO and content design techniques, and you feel comfortable sharing your expertise with clients and colleagues. You know how to structure content so that it can be easily consumed and understood.
- Solid understanding of keyword research for SEO and beyond: You understand that keyword research should inform not only SEO but also content and user experience strategy.
Content and digital strategy
- Understanding of information architecture: You are comfortable developing information architecture recommendations for websites, sections of sites and individual pages — and you can create content models, sitemaps and other tools to document your recommendations.
- Ability to use data: You know what data you need to make content strategy decisions and how to analyze that data to inform and validate your decisions.
- Comfort balancing clients’ priorities and users’ needs: You understand how to prioritize the interests and goals of a wide variety of stakeholders and users.
- Exceptional time management skills: You’re an excellent multitasker, comfortable working on multiple projects with different clients in parallel.
- Adaptability and flexibility: You’re comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, leading presentations and meeting tight deadlines. You are a problem-solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives on finding strategic solutions. You’re able to quickly adapt to changes and scale up or down depending on clients’ needs and changes to budgets or scope.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience: Applicable experience includes digital content writing and editing and digital content strategy.
Extra credit for
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn as you go.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to solve problems on the fly.
Don’t meet every requirement?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. At Centretek, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience isn’t perfectly aligned, we still encourage you to apply.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (or three to five digital content samples)
Who we are
Centretek is a digital agency that delivers interactive web solutions. We pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with solid digital strategy. Our goal is help connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
About SPM Group
Centretek is part of the SPM Group. The SPM Group is a leader in health and healthcare marketing for over 30 years. With offices in Chicago, Baltimore, and L.A., our vision is to create the premier network of integrated agencies, consultancies, and resources dedicated to making marketing that matters. SPM Group companies currently include full-service agency SPM, top content strategy and development agency GLC, digital marketing and enterprise website development company Centretek, and leading digital performance, SEO, and lead generation agency Dreamscape Marketing. SPM Group is nearly 200 employees strong.
SPM Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 401k contribution, health insurance, generous paid time off and more. We also enjoy summer hours and a casual, fun and friendly environment.
Remote. You’ll have the option to work remotely or from one of our offices, which are located in Columbia, Maryland, and LaGrange, Illinois.