We are looking for a content strategist who is as comfortable creating digital content as they are developing the strategy behind it. Most of our clients are in healthcare, so experience in that field is ideal.
What you’ll do
- Participate in discovery sessions to understand clients’ needs and goals.
- Help plan user research and usability testing, and analyze the results.
- Create user journey maps, sitemaps, content models and other tools to help clients conceptualize and meet their goals and their users’ needs.
- Conduct content audits and content-focused usability audits.
- Advise clients on best practices in web writing, on-page SEO and content design.
- Research and write clear, useful, findable content that aligns with clients’ goals and users’ needs.
- Collaborate with UX and web designers, digital strategists, web developers, and project managers to ensure big, complex redesign projects run smoothly.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Fluency in content best practices: You know how to structure content so that it can be easily consumed and understood. You have a sophisticated understanding of modern web writing, on-page SEO and content design techniques, and you feel comfortable sharing your expertise with clients and colleagues.
- Solid understanding of keyword research for SEO and beyond: You understand that keyword research should inform not only SEO but also content and user experience strategy.
- Comfort balancing clients’ priorities and users’ needs: You understand how to prioritize the interests and goals of a wide variety of stakeholders and users.
- Understanding of information architecture: You are comfortable developing information architecture recommendations for websites, sections of sites and individual pages — and you can create sitemaps, content models and other tools to document your recommendations.
- Ability to use data: You know what data you need to make content strategy decisions and how to analyze that data to validate and inform your decisions.
- Ability to translate complex information into plain language: You understand that the words a stakeholder uses to describe a process are often not the same ones a consumer uses to search for that information. You are comfortable translating jargon into plain language.
- Adaptability and flexibility: You’re comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, leading presentations and meeting tight deadlines. You’re comfortable doing all of this in person and remotely.
Extra credit for
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with content marketing and social media strategy.
- Curiosity and a desire to share your knowledge with others.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to solve problems on the fly.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (or three to five digital content samples)
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is your typical process for ensuring that the content you create meets user and stakeholder needs? Please provide examples of what this looks like in practice.
- What would you like us to know about the writing samples you provided (or for three to five items from your portfolio)? What do they say about your work and your creative process from concept to writing and editing to final iteration?
Your base qualifications
You have at least 3-5 years of experience creating content specifically for the web. You should be fluent in web writing best practices, preferably with experience in the healthcare industry.
Who we are
Centretek is a digital agency that delivers interactive web solutions. We pride ourselves on blending highly creative concepts with solid digital strategy. Our goal is help connect consumers with brands in memorable ways.
Depends on experience
You’ll have the option to work remotely or from one of our offices, which are located in Ellicott City, Maryland, and LaGrange, Illinois.